April 30, 2018
FCAT Science Testing will be May 1 and 2. Please ensure your child comes to school on time! Thank you!
April 16, 2018
Our classes will be testing April 17 - 20, and 24 - 25 for the final portion of ELA (Reading) FSA. We have already completed the writing portion of the FSA earlier this year. The two components are combined to make the scores for ELA FSA scores.
Please make sure your child comes to school on time and with a healthy breakfast on their testing days.
Thank you so much for your support this year!
March 22, 2018
Welcome back from Spring Break! I hope you all had a good time with the time off. Just a few reminders...
- Field Trip money for Jumbo Shrimp game is due March 29. $25 for student
- FSA Reading is April 17 - 20, 24, and 25. Please make sure your child gets a healthy breakfast and is on time to school those mornings.
- Supplies. Our class is in dire need of kleenex, red checking pens or pencils, scissors, and probably the students would say candy for our treat drawer. Please replenish your child with red checking pens/pencils, scissors, pencils, and gluesticks. Many students come in each day with no pencil or any supplies.
Thank you for your support!
March 6, 2018
Tomorrow, March 6th is our FSA writing test. We have been working very hard practicing. Please make sure your child gets a full night's sleep and a good breakfast in the morning! Thank you for your support.
February 7, 2018
Our state wide essay writing test is going to be on March 6. We are diligently working on polishing our writing. Many students have been out due to illness while concepts have been taught or reviewed. It makes it challenging for your student to "catch up" if they miss our class discussions and collaboration activities. If possible, please send your child to school unless it is absolutely necessary to keep them home because of the flu, fever, strep throat, etc. They have been working so hard, and it is all starting to come together beautifully!
January 23, 2018
Parents and family - I know many of you have gotten the flu vaccine for yourselves and your child. However, as reported on the news the particular strain that is continuing to pop up is not completely covered by the vaccine. We are doing our best to keep germs to a minumum, but it is a challenge with 60+ students coming in and out of the room. We have plenty of hand sanitizer, and a good supply of kleenex. We really need antibacterial wipes for the desks. If you could send in a container or two that would greatly help. We try to wipe our desks down after each class (3 X) a day, and the amount of wipes used adds up quickly!
Thank you for your help.
January 11, 2018
Welcome Back!! I am so glad that the cold snap didn't last too long. Thank you for having your child dressed in cold weather appropriate items! They all were very glad to have those jackets on.
Please remember that your child might need additional classroom supplies. We are at the halfway mark for the year. Thank you for initialing and checking your child's agenda nightly. It is a great way to communicate!
- Antibacterial Wipes
- Lavendar plug in (oil) air freshener
November 30, 2017
Holiday Break is almost here!
- Early Dismissal is Friday the 15th at 11:45,
- PLEASE label jackets, coats, etc. Our class only has 3 teachers, but jackets still go unclaimed in our classes!
- supplies - check with your child about their supply of red checking pens, pencils, and erasers. They seem to be in short supply!
- While it is not required, it is greatly appreciated, if you could initial your child's agenda on a daily basis where they have their assignments written. I do check my homeroom's agendas on a daily basis and stamp where you have signed to acknowledge it. Thanks in advance Wish List microwave popcorn. We go through about 8-9 bags of the large size each week. Antibacterial wipes - we use them daily to clean headphones and desks